Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's been 4 years!

I guess I am a person of few words. And knitting seems to have gone by the wayside for awhile.
Big new interest is quilting again but with a twist - I am embroidering them. And having fun with it too.
2 x 3 approx
This little patch I made at the request of a friend of mine. She has a sign hanging on her door  that says "Peace"and when a certain person comes to visit, she flips it over. Sister Pat will sew this to the back of her original sign and give her visitor a big surprise.
The outside of the patch is a frame I made smaller, used it as an applique and added the love design in the center. I can't take credit for this but it did work out well.




quilt block
This is one of 12 blocks I am making for a nap quilt for my grandson for this christmas. It will all be animal prints and baby wild animal embroideries. He should love it.



1 comment:

Christine Balmer said...

He DOES love it! 11 Years old and he hauls this thing around the house with him, curls up with it on the sofa for Saturday morning cartoons!